OK. I withdraw all my snarky cynicism about the weather forecasters. The "Storm Team" had been forecasting all manner of dire weather conditions for last night and today. Winter Weather Advisory. Heavy Snow Warning. Severe Weather Alert. Yeah, yeah, yeah.....I've heard it all before.
Out my window I saw nothing falling from the sky. It usually happens that the snow falls all around us, but misses our township.
But this morning there are probably 5 new inches of snow out there -- enough to cancel school again. It would have been another golden opportunity to sleep in, except for the four phone calls I received in the span of an hour.
I always thought that old people liked to get up early. It would seem I haven't outgrown that teenage urge to sleep until 10:00 or later.
So now I'm mildly grumpy. It doesn't help that I have a dentist appointment today. Bluh.
But it's February! (Pinch punch first of the month and no returns.) Baby month -- unless HB decides to come 19 days late. For our daughter-in-law's sake, I hope that's not the case.
Friday, February 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How nice to have a snow day. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wish I could get my girls to understand the concept. Unfortunately, I'm still at the stage where instead of snow drifts meaning sleeping in, they mean having to haul your lazy butt outside to freeze "playing" in it.
Sorry I was one of your phone calls!
PS, I like your cast of characters sidebar!
I was pretty excited today b/c I saw 3 snowflakes falling from the sky. That was our snowfall. Of course the Artic 35 degree temps are enough to keep any self respecting Tennessean indoors. As for me, tonight we are going to see the Grand Ol Opry at the Ryman. yeeee haw!
Post a Comment