Friday, February 29, 2008

insert clever "leaping" title here

I don't, technically, have a post today (like that's ever stopped me before). I just didn't want to let this opportunity slip away, since it will be four more years until I can write a post on February 29.

(Now I'm all distracted, thinking about Desmond and his freaky time traveling from Lost last night. I loved the whole "constant" concept. Wasn't that so sweet when he got a hold of Penny, finally? )

I can't remember where I was four years ago on this date, but I wasn't blogging. I didn't start until January 2005. My first post was a snotty piece about one of my pet peeves -- improper grammar. I am embarrassed by it, as I am by many things in my past.

But since I brought it up, let me just encourage you to mark March 4 on your daytimers. National Grammar Day! How exciting is that?! My little grammar-lovin' heart is going pitter-pat.

Then flip ahead just a bit and put a red star on March 8, which my loaf of bread package says is Aunt's Day. I've never heard of Aunt's Day, but I'm certainly willing to join the celebration.

So go have fun, kiddies. Leap! March forth! Eat bread!

2 comments:

Corie said...

I loved your last post, btw.

I have nothing to say to you, other than that. I'm glad you're here, holding my baby so that I can be commenting to you.

Lisa Stucky said...

Thanks for those celebratory dates! ;) And I loved your post on Michigan! I am deeply jealous. I am in a climate that is nowhere close to cold. It's been in the upper 60s everyday this week. I'm wearing capris, short sleeves and sandals. Is it April??? I thought it was February.