I wish I were as thin and young as I used to be back when I used to think I was fat and old.
sigh.
We're waging window wars here at my house. I'm the kind of fresh air freak who gets all claustrophobic if there's even a threat of stuffiness in a room. As soon as the temperature outside crests the 65 degree mark, I'm opening the windows. Sometimes even before, if a flash hits, which has been happening more frequently these past few months.
And I absolutely have to have the window open at night, no matter what. Especially because my hubby is like a radiator -- nice to cozy up to on a chilly winter night, when my feet are cold, but not so much during those times I have to throw off the down comforter and turn the pillow over to the cool side.
So how is it that during the day he follows me around shutting windows, complaining about being cold? Is it some kind of cruel joke that his aging thermostat and mine are in conflict?
Just one more case of the Divine Matchmaker having a cosmic laugh at pairing two polar opposites? Maybe that's it -- either iron will sharpen iron, we'll learn to submit to one another out of reverence for Christ, or I'll have to move to a tent in the back yard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
haha! but it has been cold lately, in your hubbies defense. we had all our windows open this week but it was so cold yesterday that i had to close them and put on the heater. i don't know how you do it.
funny. You know I'm the same. And I'm usually cold (except at night). But I suffer through it for the windows open!
Post a Comment