Friday, April 4, 2008

good grief

We went to the visitation this evening for Joey. I felt an undeniable pull to be there, to share grief and memories with people who are precious to me. In a way that only God could design, it felt good to hug tight and sob together. It felt good to cry because it was a reminder of how much we loved each other. I haven't seen these people for several years, but that didn't diminish the heart connection.

And it convinced me that we must never let this much time go by again.

Please read Corie's excellent post, and thank you for your prayers.

2 comments:

Corie said...

I am so glad you got to go. It's one of those strangely sweet circumstances where a good thing-- in this case, you getting to reconnect with the family-- surfaced out of a sad thing. I think Karen would have been happy to know you were there.

Jodi said...

It was very nice of you to go and reconnect with the family.