Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Next week, class, we'll work on button holes

Is Carly the only contestant who is not getting stylist help with her clothes? I sorta do wish it was radio, and not TV, because I'd sure rather listen to her than look at her clothes. What in the world was she wearing this week? The top of that red shirt, with all the roses, looked like someone's grandmother's nightgown, and the bottom of it looked like it had been hemmed in home ec. class. (I feel confident someone somewhere could put a picture here, but I'm not finding any.)


I hesitate to be too critical, because my word can she sing! And even if she couldn't hit a note, I'd listen to her talk all day, but that last blue top was another misfortune, the way it looked gathered up around her neck.



And one more ticky (that's what you get when you combine tacky and picky) thing --I am not anti-tattoo. I'm thinking of getting one myself, in fact. When I grow up. But is it rude to admit that I find hers distracting? I'd like to be looking at her face, but my focus keeps being diverted to the lovely lady on her arm. I think if it wasn't a face on her arm, it wouldn't interfere as much. Call me narrow minded, I suppose. I'm still a Carly fan.

I was happy to see David A. was back in true goose-bump inducing form tonight. He and Syesha were my favorites.

There you have my two cents.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey Ruthie, I posted my review as well. I really do like Carly, but I liked her last week better. You are right, I could listen to her & my other fave Michael Johns talk all day. You mentioned Carly's tattoos, I have 2 myself & encourage you to get one. I love them.

You know who my favorite is...David C. Just love him. I'm a rock-n-roller gal. I just think he is so natural, I can't explain it. S'yesha's dress was beautiful tonight and Kristy Lee looked beautiful too. You are right about Carly's tops though. I don't know. I didn't care for the outfit they put Ramiele in.

Corie said...

I agree w/ you on Carly's clothes. What in the world. The tattoo isn't that distracting to me. I could listen to her talk as well... why did you have to live in Michigan? If you and Dad had lived someplace cooler then I coulda had an accent too.

Jennifer said...

Hi Ruthie, I'm SO glad you stopped by my blog! It's always nice to 'meet' a fellow night owl! The early birds just don't "get" us, do they? My husband has been trying to convert me for 16 years! You'd think he'd know better by now!

Funny about your name, we were going to add the e to the end of Ruthi's name originally. But one of our friends' daughter was drawing a picture one day and wrote on it, "Ruthi's on the way," and my husband loved it, so the e got dropped. Of course her birth certificate says Ruth, and we just call her Ruthi. Actually her entire name is a long story, so I won't type it all out here!

I totally agree with you on Carly's clothes, and I really find the tattoos to be distracting as well. Actually I don't know what was more distracting last night - the tattoos or that red shirt - yikes!
I was shocked to see her in the bottom three, but was thrilled that Amanda went home!

OK, I've taken up enough of your comment space, but I think I could keep "talking" to you all night. After all, it's almost 12:30 here, so the night is still young! :>)