We're home. And I'm in some kind of strange, surreal time warp thing. Even though I've been up and traveling for 27-ish hours, with only intermittent airplane naps, I'm still awake.
This traveling thing just blows my mind. I got up on Tuesday morning and spent the day getting from our hotel in Seoul to the Tokyo airport, where I watched the sun go down around 6:00 in the evening. Then I got on a plane bound for Chicago, and arrived at 3:30 in the afternoon -- TUESDAY afternoon. I sat at O'Hare and watched the sun go down while waiting to get on the last leg of the journey home. (play Twilight Zone music here).
I have way too much to record about the trip, the seminar, the great people we met there, the interesting foods we ate, Jim's food poisoning (NOT from kim chi or quail eggs or sushi or anything weird, but from a cream cheese bagel at the hotel coffee shop -- go figure), and how heavenly the idea of my very own bed is starting to seem.
So I think I'll call it a day. Or two.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for stopping by my blog to visit. Glad to hear we have even more things in common. I have not read the sequel to A Girl Named Zippy, but I am sure I would love it. I laughed out loud when reading A Girl Named Zippy! We are doing a year without TV while in Korea (we still download a few shows or movies we want to watch), but I am taking advantage of the opportunity to do more reading.
I hope you are recovering from the jet lag. Thank you for making the long trek here to minister to those of us on this side of the globe. We really enjoyed the weekend.
so, okay, I'm overcoming my initial dismay at not being informed that you had come over to blogspot way back on the 9th when you actually did it and am only finding out about it today.... to say that I like your site! I do! Cute and fun. I hope you feel happier with it than w/ xanga. Maybe one day I'll join you over here...
I'm so glad you're home!
Post a Comment